One week after hitting the 'net, Monica's first single, "Anything (To Find You)," featuring Rick Ross, debuts on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 71. The track from Monica's upcoming seventh studio album, "New Life" (October 18), charts with Rick Ross as a guest feature, but doesn't included verses from Lil Kim.
Prior to it's chart debut, fans voiced their thoughts on the length of Lil' Kim's guest spot. During a chat with "The Lil' Kim Fan Club Show," on the day of the rapper's 37th birthday (July 11), Lil' Kim explained to her fans that her part on Monica's single, "Anything (To Find You)" was shortened to make room for Rick Ross.
"In all actuality, I did a 16 in addition to the 8 bars that ya'll all [heard]," Lil' Kim told The Lil Kim Fan Club Show. "Monica and her people decided to add Rick Ross on the track."
A source at J Records tells Billboard.com that Lil' Kim has been removed entirely from the offiical song due to contractual issues. No further details were shared.
During her birthday chat with her fans, Lil' Kim announced plans to release the first single, "Looks Like Money," off her upcoming sixth studio album. The cut is reportedly produced by Rockwilder, according to Rap-Up. Lil' Kim confirmed "M.O.E.," a standout track from her "Black Friday" mixtape, will make on appearance on the new album as well. The album title and release date for Lil' Kim's follow-up to "The Naked Truth" (2005) have yet to be announced.
As much as I am happy for Monica's new single, I am so pissed off on how dirty Jive did to Kim. Lil' Kim is a good person; she deserves to be recognize because of her hardwork and talent. If Jive did not want Lil' Kim on the record then just say so. I rather hear Lil' Kim than the saggy man tittle fake ass Biggie Rick Ross non rapping ass. It seems to me Jive used Lil' Kim's hype for the extra buzz for Monica's new track. I hope Monica speaks up and defend Lil' Kim Whatever the case is it really does looks real badly for Jive Records to pull such childish antics.
As much as I am happy for Monica's new single, I am so pissed off on how dirty Jive did to Kim. Lil' Kim is a good person; she deserves to be recognize because of her hardwork and talent. If Jive did not want Lil' Kim on the record then just say so. I rather hear Lil' Kim than the saggy man tittle fake ass Biggie Rick Ross non rapping ass. It seems to me Jive used Lil' Kim's hype for the extra buzz for Monica's new track. I hope Monica speaks up and defend Lil' Kim Whatever the case is it really does looks real badly for Jive Records to pull such childish antics.
No comments:
Post a Comment